- 50 Amps
- 21 Pounds
Lotos LTP5000D Plasma Cutter Review
Lotos Technology has created some of the best plasma cutter technology available. The Lotos LTP5000D is no different. It offers one of the cleanest cuts possible. This plasma cutter is especially dependable when it is being used for continuous surface cutting.
It has high ratings as well as positive user reviews which speak for themselves. Check out what some of the real users of this product have to say about it. It is simply one of the best plasma cutting tools available for its price range. It is truly the best value for the investment.
Efficient and Well-developed
This Lotos product will work well when used to cut the roughest surfaces and the thickest, dirty metal because of how efficient and well-developed it is at cutting. The pilot arc feature makes it stand out from its closest competitors. This feature allows it to work continuously while cutting rough surfaces or dirty rusted metal. This makes it great for cutting rusty pipes or the metal from your grill.
Optimized MOSFET Transistors
The Lotos LTP5000D has a design that has been optimized and is based on the MOSFET transistors which are cutting-edge. They provide high power output for cutting even the thickest of metal. It is also capable of cutting the thinnest metal and not damaging it at all. This is an extremely versatile product. It is hard to find similarly priced plasma cutters that can do the same.
A Product for Home Use
This is not a product designed for heavy industrial use but is a lighter version for do-it-yourself jobs at home and some light duty around your business. It is perfect for the average user and will not fail at any small job you have that comes its way.
Small Package, Big Power
This plasma cutter includes power inverter technology that allows it to be so small without losing its overall effectiveness and strength. The dimensions and weight of the main transformer are significantly reduced. You will get more work out of this product in the long run.
Here are some specifications of the 50 Amp Lotos LTP5000D Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter:
- Compact Design Plasma Cutter: This product is very portable and uses compressed air to cut all different kinds of metal.
- Materials it Will Cut: This tool can cut stainless steel, mild steel, alloy steel, copper, aluminum, and many other types of metal.
- Pilot Arc Torch Feature: This plasma cutter has a pilot arc torch allowing it to cut through rusty, rough, painted, dirty, and melted surfaces while producing almost no slag at all.
- MOSFET Transistor: This plasma cutter has a transistor that keeps a consistent output. This allows it to cut the thinnest of metals while also being able to reach high output levels for cutting the thickest of metals.
- Dual Voltage Capability: This machine runs on 220 volts and 50 or 60 hertz but, with a pigtail that is sold separately, it can also run at 110 volts and 50 or 60 hertz.
- Cooling System: This product uses the PAPST Advanced German Cooling System to keep cool while in use.
- Included Extras: The package also includes an air hose, air hose couplers, air hose clamps, air hose connections, an air regulator, a cable and ground clamp, and, of course, the plasma torch.
There is a lack of documentation with this product explaining how to use it. Expect to need to find some information online or watch various tutorials on how to effectively use it. It works just as it is advertised to, but if you are not familiar with products like this, you will not just be picking it up and using it. Another drawback is that the ground wire is far too short and the ground clamp is far too weak. You may also have to replace the airline due to it not holding up well in the heat. You will likely need to purchase a standoff separately because the one available is too short as well as too close to the material that you are cutting. The plasma cutter also tends to cut too widely fro some applications.
For the price, the Lotos LTP5000D is great. You may need to make a couple additional purchases including a few better parts but with those purchases, the cost is still far less than similar products. You can easily spend three times as much on something that will do you about the same amount of good. If you have been looking to purchase a plasma cutter but the prices are too high for you to handle, this may be a reasonable option. You will not be compromising performance for the price. You will still have a great product that can cut through even rusted and corroded materials.